Ontario’s Big City Mayors (OBCM)
Ontario’s Big City Mayors (OBCM) is comprised of mayors of Ontario cities with populations of 100,000 or more. Collectively, Ontario’s Big City Mayors represent nearly 70% of Ontario’s population.
OBCM provides a voice for big city mayors in policy debates that impact Ontario cities. Through policy development, advocacy, discussion and partnerships, Ontario’s Big City Mayors support strong and effective cities.
OBCM achieves this by:
- Forging relationships with the federal and provincial governments, municipal organizations such as the Association of Municipalities of Ontario and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, and other stakeholders
- Meeting with government ministers and representatives to voice the perspective of big cities and work together to achieve shared goals
- Taking public positions on key issues and opportunities that affect big cities
- Sharing information, data, research, and resources among members and with other governments, stakeholders, and organizations
- Participating in government policy consultation processes as the voice of Ontario’s big cities
Mayor Marianne Meed Ward, City of Burlington is the current Acting-Chair.
We are not currently hiring for any positions at OBCM but please feel free to check back at a later date.
You can always follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date on any future job postings.